SWR Series Catalytic Limescale Reducer
The SWR Limescale Reducer is an inline device that uses a catalytic process to treat the water supply as it is being used. The catalytic process causes calcium carbonate in the water to precipitate into microscopic crystals. These crystals then float in suspension in the water without adhering to hard surfaces, ensuring that water pipes, boilers, cylinders and kettles do not scale up with lime. The SWR Limescale Reducer will treat your water supply economically and efficiently for many years.
The SWR Limescale Reducer prevents the formation of limescale and rust and gradually dissolves initial scale formations in piping, boilers, washing machines, dish washers, kettles, coffee machines and other appliances. It almost acts like a limescale remover on existing scale formations.
When water flows through the SWR Limescale Reducer weak electric fields are produced by electric potential difference. These field and the venturic effects stemming from the unique configuration of the inner core, prevent the adhesion and cohesion of the waterborne mineral particles (mainly carbonic salts, calcium and magnesium).
The SWR device as the name suggests, is a scale reducer and descaler but not a water softener or a water filter.
Features and Benefits
- Whole house water supply treatment
- Prevents lime scale build up
- Discourages bacteria growth
- Prevents rust formation in metal pipes
- Maintains home appliance efficiency
- Treated water is safe to drink
- Treated water can be stored for up to 3 months
- Compact design – easy to install in any orientation
- Environmentally friendly, does not use chemicals or salts
- Maintenance free – no ongoing costs
- No electrical power required
- Installed in-line in the incoming mains water supply just after the stopcock
Limescale Reducer Specifications
- Pipe Fitting Options: 3/4″, 1″, 1-1/2″, 2″, 2-1/2″, 3″, 4″, 6″, 8″
- Connection type: Multiple pipe fitting options
- Flow rate: up to 114 l/min (30 GPM)
- Max. Operating temperature: 122 F / 50 C
- Min. Operating temperature: -22 F / -30 C
The SWR Limescale Reducer features a unique catalytic alloy core which treats the water as it passes through it changing the composition of hard scale forming calcite to a softer aragonite deposit which does not build up in appliances, cylinders or water pipes.
Depending on application, somw SWR Limescale Reducer models feature a unique patented O2 Valve which removes dissolved oxygen from the water which helps discourage the growth of bacteria in the stored water and the formation of rust as the treated water flows through metal pipes or fittings.
The SWR range does not include a filter and provides no filtration or removal of contamination.