Silkwater Household Water Purification and Limescale Reduction Filter. Enjoy cleaner, purer drinking water while reducing limescale buildup and corrosion in household appliances and plumbing.
The SW400 Water Conditioner (Alpha) from Amiad is holder of the Israel Standards Institute standard for drinking water treatment – for home use, filtration and purification. The SW400 includes a quick and easy replaceable Siliphos cartridge (550g) for scale reduction and a washable 50-micron stainless steel screen to filter out dirt and particles. Equipped with a bottom drain valve to refresh the siliphos and drain sediment that has accumulated in the filter. Easy to operate and maintain regularly (approximately twice a year). The filter is installed on the main water line to the house, next to the water meter.
- SW400 Amiad Alpha Filter Housing manufactured by Amiad Water Systems Ltd Israel
- Cleanable stainless steel 50-micron filter that is easily removed for service. No more replacement water filters!
- Only Replace the Siliphos cartridge once every 6 months or after 125,000 liter usage
The Siliphos (Polyphosphate) in the filter has been employed for decades by water utilities in controlling hard water deposits in water systems and continues to be a very popular treatment method for sequestering minerals in the water. The polyphosphate dissolves into the water very slowly as it passes through the conditioner and coats the hard water minerals and aragonite making it impossible for these agents to precipitate out of the water to create limescale build up.
Inhibits Limescale and Prevents Corrosion.
Because of its phosphate and silicate content, Siliphos will also inhibit corrosion by forming a thin protective layer on metal surfaces. A Siliphos concentration of 2-3 ppm is sufficient to achieve both of these effects. The Siliphos will also help to slowly remove existing scale in the plumbing system and old pipes particularly if it consists of brown scale (iron oxide). Experience shows that scale, deposits and/or corrosion are not only found in galvanized metal pipes but also in copper pipes and even in some plastic pipes.
Benefits of using the SW400 Amiad Water Conditioner Alpha
- Protects plumbing, pipes, and appliances (e.g. boilers, washing machines, dishwashers, water heaters etc.)
- Saves electricity costs
- Will not waste water like conventional water softeners that use backwashing
- Environmentally friendly, no wasted brine water
- Healthier than conventional salt-based water softeners
- Cost less to purchase than most water softeners and hard water treatment products
Features of the SW400 Amiad Water Conditioner Alpha
- Ideal for septic systems because it does not regenerate, or add salt to your septic system
- High impact poly filter housing made to last many years and will not rust
- Permanent stainless steel filter means you won’t be buying filters anymore
- Easy to disassemble and service
- Comes ready to install with a pre-filled Siliphos cartridge
- For installation in the cold water supply line
- Minimum working pressure: 1.5 bar
- Maximum working pressure: 6 bar
- Water temperature not exceeding 40⁰C
- Pipe connection ¾” (0.75 inch).